Here's a JD that I created for one the the employees in my team.
You can use it. It is created for a medium - size company, but can be adapted to small and large companies:
§ Coordinating the Learning and Development process;
§ Organizing external trainings;
§ Organizing and delivering internal trainings on soft skills and technical skills.
§ Preparing the Yearly training plan;
§ Preparing and requesting L&D funds for all trainings that are held in the company;
§ Organizing requested external trainings;
§ Coordinating Succession Planning process:
o Interviewing interested employees and creating a pool of potential candidates ready to fill back office positions and team leader positions;
o Creating a training plan for the pool of selected candidates and delivering periodical trainings;
o Developing and delivering adequate internal trainings for the selected candidates in order to prepare them for promotion;
§ Monitoring the training needs of all employees by keeping a close relationship with all managers;
§ Identifying pool of potential trainers to be developed in each team;
§ Preparing L&D reports;
§ Delivering Induction training for all new employees;
§ Improving current training material;
§ Assuring the correct and fair manner of implementing L&D procedures in the company.
- Internal clients – contract managers
- External clients
Measures of Success
- Successful implementation of HR initiatives;
- Succession planning procedure implemented and pool of candidates ready to be promoted always available;
- Graduate caliber with minimum 2 years experience in human resources (recruiting and L&D fields);
- Ability to critically analyze status quo and propose creative solutions;
- Maturity, high personal standards;
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to influence both internally with colleagues and externally with clients;
- Proactive and assertive;
- Communication and presentation skills (especially in front of large groups);
- Fluent in English;
- A second language (French/Italian/Spanish/German) – great advantage;
- Train the Trainer diploma – great advantage.